Friday 25 August 2023

Spawn Zero: THE FOOL [EP]




Direct Bandcamp Link:
https://spawnzero.bandcamp.com/album/the-fool

A message from Spawn Zero....

“THE FOOL”

Falling Out Of Love

I started making this EP at the start of the year because I had album(s) fatigue. I made “Novelty” just after Christmas and loved the vibe and wanted to keep it going. I’ve always wanted to make a Lofi project so I thought this was the best place to start.

I was looking through thousands of Lofi beats and tasked myself to write to the ones I liked the most. What started as a writing exercise ended up turning into something I’m extremely proud of which is rare for me. I haven’t opened up as much as I have in these 5 songs and I feel like they are a true representation of how I feel NOW. Albums can take years to make so when you finally release it, it feels like people are getting an old version of you.

As I said before, I found many of the beats on Youtube and I tried to purchase leases for them but they’re on labels and the artists probably didn’t intend to make them for someone rap on.

I hope you enjoy the EP. I’m very proud of it.

Dedicated to my Gran Catherine Kerr 🌹



No comments:

Post a Comment